Many people have regrets, if not all of us. It can be missed career opportunities, focusing more on work and missing quality time with family, actions not done, words unsaid, advice followed or not followed, warnings ignored, people taken for granted, romantic regrets, and many more. Sometimes we make bad choices, and oftentimes we blame ourselves for the negative outcome. That feeling of loss and guilt of not being able to undo your previous actions; that feeling of incompetence and shamefulness – these feelings are sometimes difficult to ignore and you get so focused and stuck in deeply blaming yourself. When this happens, stress, depression, and loss of self-esteem may result in social isolation. This could mean loss of more opportunities – career, family, romance – which you will also regret eventually, leading you to a future full of more regrets. While it is normal to have regrets, you should not allow it to control your life. You have to overcome its negative effects. Instead, use your regrets as a tool in re-evaluating your actions and choices to avoid committing the same mistakes again. Use your regrets as reminders of what you might miss or lose when you do or not do the same things again. Use them as lessons in decision-making to avoid negative consequences. Realize that there is nothing you can do to change what you did in the past, but you can always make up for it. Think of ways you can alleviate the painful feeling of regret. Instead of isolating yourself – reach out. If you are really sorry for what you did, express it. Acknowledge your mistakes and learn from them. And most importantly, forgive yourself and let go.
Join for fresh quotes
- True richness is being loved
- I’m incomplete without you, for you are my life.
- Be grateful for the people who said “No.”
- Do you worry about what others say negatively about you?
- What will really make you happy?
- Better to be a disappointment by failing than by doing nothing
- Do not allow regrets to control your life
- Failure is like a stairway
- God sends the right people at the right time
- Love and Respect yourself first
- Giving up and self-respect
- If you know you are right
- Do you have enough guts to break the imaginary wall?
- Mother’s day quotes collection and video
- You are my hero, my super hero! Happy Mother’s Day, Mom.
- Shooting stars appear brighter in the darkness
- Who is wealthy?
- The best way to remain single
- What is Fame?
- Happy Valentines Day – 14 beautiful quotes
- Valentine’s week special quotes – 16 quotes for lovers
- Love creates illusion?
- Life takes us to where we truly belong
- Cry over the past but face the future with positivity
- 15 Best Happy New Year Quotes and Messages